I woke up this morning with an insatiable desire to plan the day of my wedding. It was 7:30 AM and my wedding is still a little more than nine months away. Too early … and too early. It’s Jessica’s fault. She is getting married, today. I know a lot of the ins and outs of her wedding and am, therefore, feeling the need to plan my own in my head.
Here are my thoughts (maybe if I get them out, I can move on with my day–including obligations I have for her wedding):
- Getting ready: We must get ready as efficiently as possible, as the reception is at 2pm and that puts the ceremony starting even earlier.
- Make-up: I’ve already talked to Clinique. They have natural colors and don’t go clown-crazy with make-up, so I’m going to try to schedule our make-up to be done on that day with them all at the same time (or, possibly, in two groups).
- Hair: Since Clinique is also in the mall, we’d save a lot of time by having our hair done in the mall. There are several options, so I need to call and get prices to find the best and also reserve spots for all of us.
- Location: One of my bridesmaids works for the Marriott Griffith hotel in Lexington, KY. She said that she can get an awesome deal on a hotel room where my reception is. If she does that, we’ll have somewhere to stay the night before the ceremony and a place to get ready in the morning–depending on the shower situation.
- Timeframe: I’d love to do some things before the ceremony begins. This means being ready by about 10am! Yikes! Then, we’d have a few pics in the church and play the waiting game while I go crazy wild nervous waiting for the ceremony to begin at around noon (maybe 12:30). Then we’d have a short ceremony, exit the building, and possibly go to another park for pictures with the family and the bride/groom (that’s us!) together. The reception begins at 2 and is over at 6. Then we retreat to our honeymoon jacuzzi suite for the evening (DO NOT DISTURB)!
That totally helped. Now to get all today’s to-dos on a notecard, set up the time frames, and get going! Yay for love! Yay for family! Yay for friends! Yay for a good day ahead! :)